Are you looking for an experienced dentist to extract a tooth? Southridge Dental is proud to offer dental extractions in Nampa. Our team of experienced and qualified dentists is here to help ensure your procedure goes as smoothly and painlessly as possible. From the moment you enter our office until we wave goodbye, we aim for you to feel comfortable with us from start to finish.
We use top-quality equipment with the most advanced techniques available so that you can rest assured that you will have a positive experience with us every time. Plus, if there’s anything else we can do for you during treatment – like provide sedation or dental numbing agents – just let us know!
Contact us to schedule an appointment for your tooth extraction today at Southridge Dental!
What Is The Tooth Extraction Process?
There are two main types of dental extractions. The first type is a simple dental extraction. We do a dental extraction when the tooth is visible. Dr. Squires or Dr. Leeb use tools to pull out the tooth.
The second type is surgical extraction. We do a surgical extraction when the entire tooth is not visible. This often occurs with wisdom tooth extractions. Both procedure types take place in the office.
Why Do I Need A Tooth Extracted?
There are many reasons why you may need a tooth extraction. Here are a few listed below.
- Fracture. If you have an irreparably fractured tooth, we may need to extract it.
- Impaction. When one tooth is pressing against another tooth, it is called tooth impaction. When this occurs, the teeth are often not straight up and down, making it hard for them to erupt correctly. This condition can also cause severe pain and difficulty opening the mouth. Common teeth that get impacted are wisdom teeth or third molars.
- Gum Disease. Plaque and tartar, caused by bacteria build-up, can eat away at the gums. As they remove the gums, they begin to disintegrate the bone holding the tooth. At Southridge Dental, we do everything we can to save every tooth. Yet, if too much damage is done, we may have to extract the tooth.
- Tooth Decay. A high enough level of dental decay can put the tooth at risk for extraction. Like with gum disease, bacteria can cause tooth decay. The bacteria break down the tooth itself. A dental filling or crown is one way to save a tooth from decay. Yet, you may need a tooth extraction.
- Overcrowding. We may extract a tooth because of overcrowding. One example of this is wisdom teeth. The back molars are often so overcrowded that they cause pain. Overcrowding can cause pain and even tooth impaction. In this situation, it might be best to extract the teeth. Removing a tooth can allow other teeth to spread out and grow.
Do Dental Extractions Hurt?
During a tooth extraction, you should not feel excessive pain. At Southridge Dental, we provide sedation dentistry to make our patients comfortable during dental procedures. Sedation dentistry includes conscious sedation, laughing gas, and IV sedation. For more information about sedation dentistry at Southridge Dental, call our office today.
Dental Extractions in Nampa
A dental extraction in Nampa may be an excellent option for a healthy smile. At Southridge Dental, we are here to make you comfortable. If you have a tooth that is bothering you, contact us. We are here to help.
We understand that taking care of your family’s dental health is essential. That’s why we proudly offer comprehensive family dentistry services catering to patients of all ages. Our experienced team provides personalized care in a welcoming and comfortable environment. We also specialize in restorative dentistry in Nampa, Idaho, which includes procedures like dental implants, one-visit crowns, and bridges to help restore your smile. And if you’re looking to straighten your teeth, we also offer orthodontic treatments. With our various services, you can trust Southridge Dental to meet your dental needs.